Has anyone ever asked you what success looks like to you? Do you struggle to define it? Maybe you currently know what success you want for your life but are unsure of the steps to take or currently feel unaligned with the direction you’re heading. In today’s episode, we are sitting down with Abbie Smith of Paragraph Branding House.
Abbie Smith is a wise and authentic leader, helping others not only define what success looks like to them but also helping them align their actions and desires to make success a reality. I have sat down with Abbie before but today she will be diving into what you can do every single day to align your actions so that you can create the success that you want in your life.
Listen to the Episode Now!
Achieving Success Begins with Redefining It on Your Own Terms
“I define success as the progress you make on the journey towards that goal. The success is in those little actions that take us from where we are to where we want to be. And that whole journey is growth towards a new version of yourself and it all deserves to be celebrated because the little steps are just as important as the final outcome.”
How do You Stay Aligned in Your Identity While You’re Making Shifts and Pursuing Success and Different Goals?
“The biggest thing is just regular check-ins. Giving yourself space to be with yourself. Stop for 30 seconds and ask yourself, energetically, how do I feel right now? Do I enjoy this work? Am I feeling frustrated by it? Do I feel tired when I’m looking at my to-do list or do I feel energized and lit up by what I’m doing? And then whatever that answer is, moving towards more of that.”
How do We Begin to Understand How to Define Success for Ourselves?
“The best way to determine how we define success is by actually looking at our past. I am a huge, huge advocate for looking back at the pieces that have shaped your life, the choices you’ve made, the experiences you’ve had, the struggles that you’ve gone through. They all work together and are a direct correlation to who you are in this present moment.”
What Else Does Abbie Smith Talk About on the Show?
- Staying in tune with our identity and what we want
- Creating our vision for where we’re going
- What success means to us as we invite other voices and perspectives onto our team.
- Turning your vision into daily actions and practices so that you can start setting goals and breaking those down into action steps
- Using self-discovery and joy to help define what we want success to be.
- Feeling behind in the pursuit of our goals and what we want and how to navigate those feelings.
Connect with Abbie Smith!
Connect with Abbie on Instagram
Learn more about Abbie’s services at Paragraph Branding
Books Mentioned in the Podcast:
- 101 Essays That Will Change The Way You Think by Brianna Weist
- Getting to Center by Marlee Grace
- Ladder to the Sky by John Boyne
- Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne
Ready to Step Into Leadership?
Want to learn how to bridge the gap and make your first hire within the year? Let’s prepare your leadership and understand how to hire, train and lead your dream team.
We want to welcome YOU in to the Joy to Lead® Leadership Academy. In the Academy, you can learn to:
- Know who, when and how to hire next
- Coach other humans in their own growth – all while using your strengths⠀⠀
- Discover how YOU inspire, motivate, delegate and LEAD others as well as yourself