Today’s episode is a special one because I got to have a conversation about building an agency while planning for maternity leave with the amazing Jenny Suneson, founder and CEO of Savvy Podcast Agency.
Jenny grew her team to five team members over the course of her pregnancy in 2019 and early 2020, scaling quickly and making several tough decisions along the way.
Today she’s sharing exactly how she prepared for a maternity leave WHILE growing her agency, and the lessons she learned along the way.
Listen to the episode now!
How Jenny Suneson Hired a Team While Also Planning for Maternity Leave
After unexpectedly finding out she was pregnant, Jenny realized she needed to prepare for her baby while simultaneously hiring a team to help her during maternity leave.
In this episode she shares:
- Her behind the scenes journey of building her team from scratch so quickly
- The challenges she encountered while preparing for maternity leave and hiring at the same time
- Her entire planning process from beginning to end
- How it feels to have created a successful team that can function without her
- Why she determined an agency model was best for her business
- Her current challenges coming back from a maternity leave with a growing team
What Else Do We Talk About on the Show?
- How to stop feeling guilty about wanting to check up on your business
- Books that have helped us when starting our own businesses
- Jenny’s timeline as she began the process of hiring team members
Books Mentioned in this Episode
Connect With Jenny Suneson!
Take Your Next Step!
Now is the time to discover your leadership style! Join the Joy to Lead Leadership Academy and learn how to hire, train, and support current and future team members!